SK chief discusses ICT partnerships with Estonia, Carribean Community
简介SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won discussed economic cooperation with high-ranking government officials ...
SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won discussed economic cooperation with high-ranking government officials from Estonia and the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) during their official visits to South Korea earlier last week, according to the Korean conglomerate on Sunday.
On Friday, Chey hosted a luncheon meeting with Estonian President Alar Karis, and other high-ranking officials at the SK building in Seorin-dong, Jongno-gu in Seoul, where they agreed upon various collaboration opportunities between the two countries in areas including information communications technology and green energy.
During the meeting, a memorandum of understanding was signed between SK Square, the group's investment arm, and Enterprise Estonia, a state-run trade promotion agency.
Under the agreement, SK will invest into the SmartCap Venture Capital Fund, managed by Estonia's state-owned fund management company SmartCap, to discover Estonian companies that pursue innovative projects in the fields of ICT, environment and green energy.
Earlier on Thursday, Chey held dinner meetings with government officials from members of CARICOM, an intergovernmental organization consisting of Caribbean nations including Jamaica, Grenada and Belize, as part of the “Korea-CARICOM High-Level Forum.”
They explored collaboration opportunities across various fields spanning agriculture, tourism and ICT, among others.
Following the series of meetings with delegations from Estonia and the Caribbean nations, Chey left for Paris to attend a global CEO seminar which kicks off Monday.
Together with SK’s top executives, Chey will work on formulating global strategies for key businesses, through the four-day seminar in France, the firm said.
경기 과천 중앙선거관리위원회의 모습. 뉴스1내년 4·10총선 출마 예정인 지역구 예비후보자 등록이 12일부터 시작된다.중앙선거관리위원회는 선거일 120일 전인 12일부터 제22대 ...
How long does it take to create a dictionary? The first comprehensive German dictionary, compiled by ...
Hyundai Motor Group is expected to post record earnings this year, breaking its own record for the t ...
- ‘Korea could go extinct without proper immigration policy’: minister
- DB Robotics invents nation's first hybrid electric rollator
- Daegu’s iconic opera festival set to attract operagoers with five tragic operas
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- Seoul high court sides with iPhone owners against Apple over ‘batterygate’
- [From the scene] Eye
Passengers file complaints over burning smell on Gimpo Goldline
Cheongju Craft Biennale stresses connection with nature, Jikji legacy
Seoul shares close tad higher ahead of key US jobs data
For esports fans, more activities await beyond LoL matches
Succession scheme taking shape at Lotte
예술의전당 간 한동훈 화제 되자…野 "집에 스피커 두고 왜 가나"
- S. Korea vaccinates over 76% of cattle against lumpy skin disease
- Japan returns favor again by flying 15 Korean nationals out of Israel
- S. Korea thanks countries near Gaza for assisting in evacuation of S. Korean family
- [Weekender] Pop
- Naver CEO satisfied with 'better
- Tving’s ‘High School Mystery Club’ to return with season 3
- Hana Bank to offer W100b in support for small business owners
- [From the Scene] Samsung bets big on package substrates for future chips
- More mosquitoes in Seoul this fall: report
- 8 in 10 favor removing mandatory camera shutter sound: survey
- 인요한 “한동훈, 신선하고 합리적…총선 역할 결정된다면 좋은 일”
- [From the scene] Nakwon
- [Herald Interview] ‘Battery expansion to prompt strong cobalt, lithium trading’
- Gov't administrative network down for 2nd day; recovery efforts under way
- Navigate flavors of the Mediterranean in Seoul
- EcoPro, SK Ecoplant to build EV battery recycling plant in Hungary
- S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
- Fire breaks out at SK On's plant during pilot run in China
- Seoul Philharmonic's new music director van Zweden to focus on Mahler, collaborations
- Prospects of Yoon's formal meeting with Xi uncertain: Yoon's office
- Choosing children over career: Fatherhood changing in modern Korea
- Prosecutors seek 5
- S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
- 초유의 행정전산망 '먹통'에…野 "한심하다는 말도 아깝다"
- S. Korea's top diplomat holds talks with Malaysian, Indonesian counterparts at APEC
- [Today’s K
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Sao Paulo, horizons expand for Korean studies
- Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
- 민주당 이상민 의원, 내주 與 혁신위와 대담…거취 정할지 주목
- Exports gain 2.2% from Nov. 1