S. Korea sweeps up 2 gold medals at stake in recurve team events
简介HANGZHOU, China -- South Korea swept up two gold medals up for grabs in the archery team competition ...
HANGZHOU, China -- South Korea swept up two gold medals up for grabs in the archery team competition at the 19th Asian Games on Friday, proving their world-class competitiveness on the regional stage.
The trio of Lim Si-hyeon, Choi Mi-sun and An San defeated China by the set score of 5-3 for the seventh consecutive Asiad gold medal at Fuyang Yinhu Sports Center in Hangzhou.
Hours later, Kim Je-deok, Lee Woo-seok and Oh Jin-hyek defeated India 5-1 in the men's team gold medal match held at the same venue.
These are the second and third archery gold medals for South Korea, following the title in the mixed doubles event Wednesday.
South Korea's female archers claimed the Asiad team title for the seventh consecutive time since 1998.
The country has dominated the women's team event, winning 10 golds out of 12 Asian Games tournaments since 1978, when the sport was first contested as a medal program.
Lim and Lee, who joined hands in finishing first in mixed doubles, became double gold medalists at the Hangzhou Asian Games, joining a group of eight South Korean multi-medalists, including swimmers Hwang Sun-woo and Kim Woo-min, and fencers Choi In-jeong and Oh Sang-uk.
For the men's team discipline, the gold medal is South Korea's first Asiad title since 2010. The archery powerhouse won the Asiad title from 1982-2010, but lost it in 2014 and 2018.
In the recurve team event, each archer takes two arrows per set, for a total of six arrows and a maximum of 60 points per set for each team. Teams earn two points for a set win and one point for a tie.
South Korean stocks ended lower Thursday as investors were concerned the US economy may be losing st ...
Starting Friday, chatbot services in English will be made available on the Ttareungi app -- a mobile ...
Legendary K-pop boy group TVXQ is celebrating its 20th debut anniversary by holding a standalone con ...
- Auditor says Moon govt distorted 2020 death of fisheries official
- PPP launches special committee on plan to include Gimpo into Seoul
- Jungkook welcomes 'golden moment' of his life with 1st solo album
- 35 foreign individuals to be awarded for promoting Korean culture
- Posco Future M to supply battery materials for LG
- English chatbot services to be available for public bike users
- Koreans prefer cash in Chuseok gifting for parents
- Russian top diplomat to visit NK, accuses US of fueling tensions on Korean Peninsula
- 2m Koreans opt out of life
- S. Korea, US conduct underwater search operation for downed jet, Korean War remains
- Dodgers prospect trying to fit in with S. Korean nat'l baseball team
- Sabre fencer, swimming relay team eye historic medals
- PM departs for China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- [Test Drive] Toyota’s minivan Alphard boasts sedanlike drive
- Apple to launch iPhone15 series in S. Korea on Oct. 13
- PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- LG Energy Solution Q3 net soars on US demand
- Partial list of artists to perform at 2023 MAMA Awards unveiled
- 4 North Koreans cross East Sea maritime border in first since 2019
- Hyundai Motor to build 1st car plant in Saudi Arabia, leading 46 Korea
- 국회서 피켓‧고성 사라지나…여야, 정쟁자제 '신사협정' 체결
- [사진] 빈 살만 운전 자청, 윤 대통령 동행
- 22 busking stages set up at Han River parks
- Eximbank holds workshop on development financing
- [From the Scene] Don't remember Itaewon alley as place of death, victims' families say
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- AleXa to perform on Jingle Ball Tour as 1st K
- SK Signet delivers W5b ultrafast EV chargers to Revel
- Yoon attends opening of Korean pavilion at Horticultural Expo in Qatar
- Seoul shares dip amid grim outlook for EV sector
- N. Korea to close its embassy in Uganda: report
- [Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale
- 500 bird strikes reported in past 5 years: data
- LG Chem opens research center in US
- Man fined for assaulting soldiers who refused to praise Kim Jong
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival