PPP decides to lift membership suspensions of ex
简介The ruling People Power Party decided Thursday to lift the membership suspensions imposed on former ...
The ruling People Power Party decided Thursday to lift the membership suspensions imposed on former party leader Lee Jun-seok and Daegu Mayor Hong Joon-pyo over alleged misconduct, endorsing one of the first reform measures recommended by its innovation committee.
The PPP accepted the committee's "grand amnesty" request and nullified the disciplinary measures taken against Lee, Hong and two other members in a gesture of unity before next year's general elections, according to committee member Oh Shin-hwan.
"The ethics committee's decisions ... should be respected as they were made with reasonable reasoning and standards, but the innovation committee's proposal for party cohesion should also be respected," PPP's leader Kim Gi-hyeon said at a Supreme Council meeting.
"While there may be differing opinions, embracing the values and authenticity of innovation is the right direction to pursue."
Lee had his party membership suspended for 1 1/2 years in 2022 over allegations of sexual bribery and an attempted cover-up. Hong was suspended for 10 months early this year over criticism he played golf when the country was struggling with damage from heavy downpours.
Along with Lee and Hong, the party canceled the membership suspensions on three-term lawmaker Kim Jae-won and Kim Cheol-kun, a former aide to ex-leader Lee. (Yonhap)
National security advisors of South Korea, the United States and Japan are expected to discuss a "ro ...
사진은 지난 8월 중국 베이징 서우두 공항에서 출국을 위해 터미널로 향하는 북한 여성들. 연합뉴스북한이 우간다 대사관에 이어 홍콩 총영사관도 폐쇄할 예정이라고 자유아시아방송(RFA ...
With upbeat earnings in the third quarter, Hyundai Motor Group's yearly operating revenue has s ...
- 윤 대통령, 엑스포 불발 1주만에 부산행 “지역현안 완벽 추진”
- Architect Dominique Perrault's 'Lightwalk' displayed at French Embassy in Seoul
- Supreme Court dismisses Buseoksa's appeal in Bodhisattva statue ownership dispute
- 野 "이태원 1주기 공동주최 빠지겠다"…尹대통령 참석 촉구
- Berlin Philharmonic's 'Unsuk Chin Edition': Unthinkable becomes reality
- Meta fails to provide communication channel in Korea: lawmaker
- [New in Korean] Kim Hye
- [New in Korean] Kim Hye
- Govt. working to restore administrative network after major disruption
- [Contribution] Korean food captivates global palates
- [Photo News] INDIAN CINEMA
- 인요한 “한동훈, 신선하고 합리적…총선 역할 결정된다면 좋은 일”
- S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
- Will Suneung without ‘killer questions’ reduce reliance on private education?
- [Herald Interview] Latvia hopes to boost economic, cultural ties with Korea
- S. Korea issues navigation warning amid planned N.K. rocket launch
- North notifies of satellite launch amid concerns
- Rising political stars, big names likely to run for 2024 general election
- Disney+ brings romance to year's end
- Oman celebrates 53rd National Day, calls Korea reliable ally
- [From the Scene] Hyundai Motor looks into future of auto production in Singapore
- Cemeteries, columbariums reinvent themselves as sanctuaries for the living
- Number of youth addicted to online gambling rises
- Mnet’s ‘Street Dance Girls Fighter 2’ targets global audience with multinational teen dancers
- S. Korea hints at halt to 2018 inter
- What phrase do you want to hear most from your partner?
- Child kills man with stone, sparking debate over legal immunity of children
- Democratic Party banners targeting young voters stir controversy
- "스벅 누가 마셔요"…중국서 스타벅스 꺾은 '이 브랜드'
- T1, Faker unrivaled at 2023 LoL World Championship
- Abandoned dog with note and heart sparks anger
- [Our Museums] Exploring quirky yet thoughtful world of Mr. Toilet House
- 이준석 “가해자 따로 있는데…인요한 ‘대리사과’ 황당 제안”
- Korean ramen exports hit record high amid global K
- Korea, UK to adopt Downing Street Accord to elevate ties: presidential office
- [Herald Interview] VIXX highlights group’s continuity in 5th EP ‘Continuum’