S. Korean fencer Oh Sang
简介HANGZHOU, China --South Korean fencer Oh Sang-uk claimed the gold medal in the men's individual sabr ...
HANGZHOU, China --
South Korean fencer Oh Sang-uk claimed the gold medal in the men's individual sabre at the 19th Asian Games in China, ending a decadelong Asiad reign by his compatriot Gu Bon-gil.
Oh beat Gu 15-7 in the all-Korean gold medal match held at Hangzhou Dianzi University Gymnasium in Hangzhou, revenging the Gu-Oh showdown held five years ago.
It is Oh's first Asian Games title and the country's second gold from fencing at Hangzhou following Choi In-jeong's gold in women's individual epee.
It is not the first time that Gu and Oh have faced each other for an Asian Games gold medal.
At the 2018 Asian Games in Indonesia, Gu was the winner of the first Gu-Oh face-off and became the first athlete to win gold in the men's individual fencing in three straight Asiads.
Five years later, however, Oh put an end to Gu's quest for a fourth consecutive gold medal and revenged the defeat. The 26-year old fencer added the Asian Games gold to his decorative collection that includes the world championship title in 2019.
The second duel on the Asian Games final stage went relatively easy at Hangzhou.
After reaching 6-7, Oh added nine straight points to close the game at 15-7.
They will join hands for the upcoming men's team sabre event for a third consecutive gold. (Yonhap)
Several passengers commuting on a subway line connecting Seoul with its western satellite city of Gi ...
Kia on Thursday unveiled three new small- to medium-sized electric vehicles, vowing to lead the popu ...
South Korea's $6 billion payment for Iranian crude oil has been frozen by the US administration ...
- Samsung SDI renews push for all
- [Herald Interview] Dyson engineer stresses potential of Korean hair care market
- Le Sserafim becomes house ambassadors for Louis Vuitton
- 28th BIFF comes to an end
- AliExpress vows to invest W10b to root out fake goods in Korea
- Striving to be the best, TXT returns with 3rd LP
Seoul high court sides with iPhone owners against Apple over ‘batterygate’
Dansaekhwa master Park Seo
Le Sserafim becomes house ambassadors for Louis Vuitton
野 “與 보선 참패 후 이재명 전광석화 기소…국민 심판받을 것”
LG H&H sales up 294% in half year on Japan's Qoo10
Lightsum's new album ‘Honey or Spice’ tickles tastebuds
- Year after deadly crowd crush, victims, families yet to leave it behind
- [Herald Interview] Sustainability offers practical help to industries
- Corporate direct financing jumps nearly 40% in September
- Seoul shares open lower on US losses
- Samyang to release tom yum flavor Buldak in US
- [Today’s K
- BTS’ Jungkook features The Kid Laroi’s new single 'Too Much’
- Kakao risks losing management control of Kakao Bank
- Savor the irresistible taste of tteokbokki
- Seoul shares open almost flat amid geopolitical tensions, rate woes
- Political strife may delay Korea’s launch of new space agency
- Kakao completes its first own data center
- NK slams Yoon's warning against Pyongyang
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Koreanists on verge of extinction overseas
- Court finds ban on leafleting into NK unconstitutional, ban on praise for NK constitutional
- Yoon's approval rating edges up after 6
- 4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'
- Breadwinners in their 60s or above double in 9 years
- Posco to build joint venture with US grain company
- Milk prices to go up in Oct.
- [Herald Interview] Kim Jee
- 카메라 찍힌 김여정 960만원 '디올 백'…그 자체가 北인권 참상
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘Korea should support Korean history studies, research abroad’
- Hana Financial signs MOU with Saudi Arabia's EXIM bank to expand cooperation
- SK Earthon starts first independent oil production in South China Sea
- [사진] 용산 팔도장터 찾아 떡메치기
- S. Korea to step up quarantine efforts against animal diseases
- Rebellions' AI chip to undergo IBM quality testing
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- SM founder Lee Soo