Yangjae Flower Festa kicks off Friday
简介Hosted by the Korea Agro-Fisheries and Food Trade Corporation (aT), the 5th Yangjae Flower Festa kic ...
Hosted by the Korea Agro-Fisheries and Food Trade Corporation (aT), the 5th Yangjae Flower Festa kicks off Friday at the aT center in Seocho-gu, southern Seoul, with the goal of sharing the value of flowers in our daily lives.
Under the slogan “Blossom the Earth,” this year’s three-day flower festival will discuss the future of the floriculture industry amid a global trend of pushing for net zero emissions.
This year’s event is the first indoor flower show to be hosted by aT. The corporation has prepared a flower flea market and exhibition booths for enterprises, as well as the art pieces of over 100 florists and a separate exhibition for cymbidium goeringii, also known as the noble orchid, which is a flower found in Korea and other parts of East Asia.
The festival will also showcase the national flowers of 102 countries, delivering the message that the world can be united through flowers.
Visitors can immerse themselves in the beauty of floriculture by enjoying one-day classes and taking pictures at colorful photo spots filled with flowers.
While sales of flowers are relatively low in November, under the supervision of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs, the Yangjae Flower Festa is expected to be a foothold for a stable supply chain and revitalize the nation’s flower and plant industry.
The exhibition hall is also near Yangjae Flower Market Center, the largest wholesale flower market in Seoul.
“Above all, I hope this event will serve as an opportunity to showcase the beauty and warmth of flowers to citizens who are tired of repetitive daily lives,” said Kim Chun-jin, CEO of aT. “We will continue to spread happiness through the values of flowers and plants.”
Admission is free for all visitors. Those who registered in advance through the official website -- flowerfesta.co.kr -- can enter without waiting in line.
South Korean stocks got off to a weak start Thursday as tech shares took a cue from overnight losses ...
South Korean stocks opened lower Wednesday, tracking an overnight drop on Wall Street, on lingering ...
정부가 팔레스타인 무장정파 하마스의 공격으로 무력 충돌이 벌어지고 있는 이스라엘에 특별여행주의보를 내렸다. 사진은 박진 외교부 장관이 주이스라엘 한국대사관 관계자 등이 참석해 개최 ...
Congresswoman redoubles calls for support to designate Nov. 22 as 'Kimchi Day'
NK sports broadcast labels S. Korea ‘puppets'
S. Korean women dominate recurve archery at Asian Games
Immersive, digital art shows to enjoy during extended holiday
안철수 “이준석 신당 성공 가능성 낮아…3가지 갖추지 못해“
S. Korea defeat Japan for 3rd straight men's football gold
- Everland grounds panda Fubao for trying to escape
- S. Korean shares snap 3
- Global asset firms flock to Jeonju to woo pension giant
- S. Korean shares snap 3
- 'Fuerza Bruta Wayra' returns to Seoul
- Seoul shares open nearly flat despite US gains
- IMF calls for restrictive monetary policy for S. Korea 'for considerable time' to tame inflation
- LG celebrates 1st baseball championship in 29 years with discounts
- [New in Korean] Seven minds share single body in '7
- 한총리, 공공기관 전산망 마비에 “인력·장비 총동원 신속복구” 지시
- Women’s stories continue to resonate with Korean viewers
- Sombre palaces, tombs swathed in fall colors
- 협치 첫 단추 ‘현수막 난립방지법’ 소위 통과
- NK closes embassy in Spain after shutting down 2 missions in Africa
- Davichi to return with new single next month
- NCSoft to unveil new titles at G
- KT, Telkom join hands for Indonesia smart city project
- Halloween weekend sees 65 police calls
- [Today’s K
- STX, Triple
- 北 ‘환적지 이동’ 정황…석도 인근서 10월에만 10건 포착
- Posco secures W6tr supply deal from Lotte Energy Materials
- Floor leader of main opposition party voices disappointment at Yoon's budget speech
- ‘홍범도·양평고속도로’ 야당 쓴소리에 윤 대통령 주로 경청
- Director touts Netflix's ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ as warm tale for adults
- [Korea Quiz] Lucrative MLB careers
- US lawmaker submits bill requiring Pentagon report on allies' defense contribution
- 홍준표 "서울 메가시티, 시대 역행…尹정책과도 안맞아"
- [Herald Interview] Journey to find her voice has brought Vittoria Yeo to peak performance
- N. Korean envoy rejects report on Hamas using N. Korean arms as 'groundless'